Wednesday, June 29, 2016

learning new things....

I learned a lot today!

     I learned our darling Corki likes to dig holes.  I discovered that when I could not find her outside this morning.  I looked in Emily's day lily bed and saw Corki's back end!  The rest of her was in a hole.  I had to drag her out and she still wanted to go back.
     She was covered with mud.  So I stuck her in the shower and hosed both of us down.
     After serving lunches in the park to local youngsters, I went to Byron with Jackie for PT.  I threw my bike in the back of the car and when we got to Byron, she went to therapy and I went for a ride.
     I learned not to wear jeans on a very hot day.
     I also learned that the path toe the Jarret Center in Byron is not flat.
     And finally, I learned the bike path is not well marked there.  I thought I could turn off and head through the golf course, but I don't think that was the bike path.  Yet there were two ways to enter it from the path I was on.
     I did ride the path along river Road.  I learned that one was also hilly and at 3 p.m. with the sun beating down and me in jeans, it was not a fun effort.
     So I went back to the car, taking a ride through downtown Byron.
     I learned there is a Swedish Pancake House!  I love Swedish pancakes!!
     When we got back home, I had a glass of ice tea and then we went to pick peas.  As we were picking, we noticed little Corki had disappeared.
     Where did she go?
     Back to the same damn hole, digging out what I had put back in.
     She was covered with mud.  So I carried her in and hosed her down again.
     She must smell a vole or something.....she was also "digging" on the steps of the patio.
the final lesson came when Emily called to borrow our mower because hers has a flat.
     I drove mine over to her house and parked it in the garage.
     She called about 10 minutes later and told me something else I did not know:   I also have a flat tire!
     Now there are two mowers at her house, both with flats.
     DeKalb Lawn is going to love us!
     Truthfully, I am tired of learning.  It is too much work.  So, I am going to quit learning anything new today.


No comments:

Post a Comment