Friday, August 14, 2015

yikes.....what a difference

I can't believe I am wearing a sweatshirt

     Yesterday at about this time I was sweating.  It was 85 degrees and humid.  Then the storms came through and it is now in the mid 70s.
     Making it even stranger, we went to a friend's  house for dinner and I could see my breath!  No, it wasn't pretty, (my breath) but it was cool and the view was pretty neat.  We could see the mountains that I see at Julia's, but George and Monica are  way out in the country so there were hills and trees and cows before the mountains.
     My friend Dan and I were here in 2011, just after they moved into their new house.  It is a pretty cool place with an awesome wood burning stove.
     Been a quiet two days.  My knee is much improved.  I bought a knee brace at the local store and it seems to have helped tremendously.
     We have the garage cleaned out at the old house... mostly.
     There are some different ways of doing things over here.
For example, Julia moved out of her apartment.  A rep from the agency comes in and does an inspection.  The stove is checked, the refrigerator, all the shades and window coverings are checked to be sure they operate correctly.
       If there is anything wrong....walls not clean, doors not working, etc....then Julia won't be cleared of the apartment and has to hire someone to make the repairs.
     When the tenants moved out of the house she rented, the agent inspecting checked the oil tank in the house.  It had to be full, because that is how it was when it was rented 8 years age.
     Everybody has insurance to cover repairs.  Julia had some damage to the wood floors, and the agency can have her repair that.  In that case the insurance company would cover repairs over the cost of the deductible.
We met a woman who has a rescue dog.  Not a rescued dog, but a rescue dog.  This dog will go search for people in the woods, mountains, wherever.  She has to undergo several hours of training for this and is still completing classes.  No, it is not a St. Bernard.
     She dropped a bit of info about dogs that baffled me.  If you want to have a dog here, you must undergo 75 hours of training, register the dog, and have the dog certified as a non threatening breed.
If you have a breed of dog that can be consider viscous, then you may be required to have more   training above the 75 hours.
     And if a dog bites one time...it is put to sleep.
     Maybe that explains why I never see a stray dog.  After going through the training and expense you share as heck don't want to let him go!
     As for me, my dogs are tired so I am gotng to bed.
Nightie night!



No comments:

Post a Comment