Sunday, August 30, 2015

it's the pits

I finally saw a no hitter today

     I don't ever remember seeing one life.  Well, at least on TV.  It would have been great to be at the game, but ......   So, watching it on TV was a thrill.
     Years ago Milt Pappas came within one pitch of a perfect game.  I remember that day, because Rockford TV stations had the White Sox on...... on two different channels!  The channel that handled the Cubs games showed the Sox for some reason.
     I remember listening on the radio in the kitchen on Southview Drive and going nuts that I could not see the game.
     I don't remember why the Zambrano no hitter is so blank in my mind.  I know it was a game in Milwaukee that was a Houston-Chicago game but a hurricane forced the game to be moved.  Maybe it wasn't televised.
     And I was only 7 when Koufax and Hendley (or Henly....whichever) matched up and Koufax was perfect while Hendley only gave up one hit.  I don't remember that game.  Hell, I don't remember breakfast.
     And I do seem to remember Don Cardwell pitching one at Wrigley...but again, I was pretty young.
     I bought some cherries to day and was munching on them while watching Arietta pitch.  These were advertised as fresh cherries from Canada.
     The pits are not right.  They seem soft and wrinkly, not hard and smooth like USA pits.
     I am not saying Canadians don't know cherries, but these are not the best.  Maybe if I put a little maple syrup on them......

No comments:

Post a Comment