Monday, August 17, 2015

homeward bound, home were my thoughts are waiting...

I had a quiet last day in Switzerland

     Usually we go out for dinner on our last night.  It's August.  So we ate in.
     So, why is August a big deal?
     Because that is vacation month.  Much of Europe, especially Switzerland and France, take vacations in August.  Two restaurants that we planned to go to are closed until next week......vacation.  Julia's office is not as populated....vacation.  The workers next door have a four man crew....vacation.
They must all head to the mountains, where it is cooler.
     So we ordered pizza.  I like the pizza.  Thin crust, not a lot of sauce, covered with shredded ham or huge slices of salami, which tastes like pepperoni.  And our favorite...margherita, a pizza of cheese, olive oil, tomatoes......
     Kevin and Cristina stopped over and ended up fixing the swing on Julia's terrace.  When the movers reassembled it, they put it together wrong and it would not swing.  It was a two person job to fix, and Kevin led the project.
     Today I did a little shopping....cheese and candy....and now everyone is off to bed.  I am planning on finishing up this little message and then going out on the terrace one last time.
     I will miss the mountains and lake.  I will miss the sparkling lights of the towns and villages across the way.  But mainly, I will miss my daughter.
     I never intended to visit Europe.  And here I am, for the 14th time.
     Julia lives in an amazing place.  She has amazing friends, who have adopted Jackie and me into their extended families.
     I used to worry about Julia being here.  She is a single woman, in a foreign country.  But she has such a great network of friends I no longer worry about her making it.
     My only worry now is that the chocolate and wine don't put my checked baggage over the limit.
     See you on the other side of the ocean!


No comments:

Post a Comment