Saturday, January 10, 2015

Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah,

I think the world is getting weird

     And I am included in that.
     Tonight we had pita bread and hummus for supper, with a little soup.
     What is hummus?  It spreads like cheese, but doesn't taste like it.  We used a hot pepper sun dried tomato batch and it was pretty good, just not too filling.
     The soup helped.  It was vegetable.  And no, we did not make it from scratch.
     Although I did have some vegetable beef soup made from scratch this morning and it was incredible.  The historical society had its annual meeting, and we had soup and lots of cookies for lunch.  And cheese.  And some fresh fruits.  Come to think of it, I had lots of cookies for lunch.
     Then tonight someone posted on Facebook that they had Cream of Wheat this morning.  I love CoW, usually I put some raisins and a little brown sugar in it to give is some flavor.   This person put butter and sugar on theirs.  It sounds gross, but I bet it tastes good.  I have no idea what CoW is, except it must be wheat, based on its name.
     Tomorrow I will suggest to wifey that we have bratwurst and rosti, made with shredded hash browns.  Or maybe some scalloped potatoes.....
     I am one of those people who are constantly wondering about the next meal.  I want to know what supper is going to be, even if I haven't finished breakfast.  Drives Jackie nuts, but  I like the anticipation of knowing I am going to eat something delicious.
     Even though I liked the hummus, methinks I need real food.  Soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment