Thursday, January 15, 2015

Finally....an accomplishment!

I actually accomplished something today

     First off, I took out all the cardboard that had accumulated since Christmas.  There were several boxes, and since it was recycling day, I decided to break them down and get them out to the curb.
Mission accomplished.
     I hung up my "Patisserie" sign Emily got us for Christmas.  It only took me an hour, but it is done.  I had to charge my drill, find a bit, which led me to picking up the workbench a little and finding more cardboard.  But the sign is up.  Mission accomplished!
     We bought an area rug.  With John's help, it is in the house and on the floor! Mission accomplished!
     (Why an area rug?  Well, a side effect of using a walker is the scuffing of the floors.  We have dark wood floors, and if the walker slides a little, it leaves a scuff mark, much like dragging a heal on the floor.  It was decided an area rug would help the scuffing.  Besides, it makes the room look warmer.)
     And I put together our third Rollinator.  Yes, that is right....three of them!
     Julia was the one who suggested a third.  We were talking about the floor, the carpets, and our concerns that winter weather would be tracked into the house.  Julia said, "Get another one to use outside."
     So we did.
     We now have an outside - going to the store one, an inside on the main level one, and a basement/spare one.  Having to haul that thing up and down the stairs is just an inconvenience.  Jackie technically should be able to roll to the door, go down the stairs, get her lower roller and be safe and steady.  Technically.
     All that in one day...and my arm does not hurt!  I think that is the first time in six months I have said that.
     Don't look for an entry tomorrow.  I'm off to the Cubs Convention and won't be home until late Saturday.  Late.
     This is my first convention and I think I picked a good year to go.  This will be an amazing year at Wrigley Field.
     I only want to meet/see/talk/get autographs from a few people.  Ernie is a given, and maybe one of the young Cubs.  But strange as it may seem, I really want to see Pat Hughes.  I'd love to be able to talk to him.  I have a fantasy that I'll sit down with him and have a beer or two.
     Anyway, I just hope I don't do anything stupid!




No comments:

Post a Comment