Monday, November 24, 2014

slippin and a slidin, weeping and a moaning.....

I almost forgot how to drive in winter conditions

     And I wasn't the only one!  I just turned onto Flagg Road when I saw a white car in the ditch, trying to get out.
     I hit my brakes.....but just went on down the road.  So I called Jackie and had her call the county police in case the person needed a tow.
     I was not going fast.  At least I didn't think I was.  I approached 20th st. and the light turned red.  I hit my brakes...and kept going forward.  I laid on my horn and waved to people as I continued sliding through the intersection.
     Later I came back the same way and there was a wreck on that corner.
     TV news was filled with reports of cars in ditches, trucks jackknifed, motorists stuck.
     Imagine what we would be like if this was a real snowfall, like in Buffalo?
     And while we are at it, if you have six feet of snow on the ground does it even make sense to shovel your car out?  You can't go anywhere!  Just leave it.  With luck, you'll find it in the spring. Think of all the money you'll save by not buying gas!
     I have a hazard on my driveway this year....my dirt pile never got moved.
     But there is hope.  I think there will be some 50 degree days in the next two weeks.  Warm weather, and a couple of young boys to man shovels, and I will be ready for winter.
     My timing was right.  The snow blower got picked up Saturday for a tune up and oil change.
     Again, I could have done that earlier.  Could have moved the dirt.  Could have brought in the stuff from the yard I meant to do in October.
     Could ofs and should of....or is it ovs?  sounds better......don't matter in life.
    It's what you actually do.
     And I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment