Friday, November 7, 2014

jambalya and a crawfish pie and a file gumbo......

I took a walk on the wild side tonight

     Don't ask me my....but we bought new curtains for the blue bedroom.
     We bought new curtains because someone didn't like the bedspread.  So someone bought a bedspread for the bed that is only used for three weeks a year.  Once we got the new bedspread, and bed skirt, someone decided the curtains don't match the new bedspread.
     That's why I had orzolaya for supper tonight.
     It's a Cajun type dish, similar to jambalaya except it uses orzo pasta.
     I was standing (I really want to say on the corner in Winslow, Arizona, such a fine sight to see....but I won't) in the Country Curtains shop in Naperville.  A nice lady was looking for a package that said, "Terry the husband is picking this up."  Literally, that is what was written on the package.
     Of course, she called me Jerry.  I did point out it was a T.  We all laughed.
    Right across the street is a restaurant called Heaven on Seven.  I don't know why that is the name, there must be a story behind it.
     I asked if they minded if I parked in their lot while I went across the street to check out the menu.
     One lady said to try the orzolaya, which she described as "wonderful."
     Most of you know I am directionally challenged.  So the fact I was even in the store was amazing to me.
     Coming back from the zoo, I got off at Naperville Road.  When I crossed 56 I realized I was going north, not south.  So I turned around and went the other direction.
     I ended up on Ogden Avenue and saw Washington Street, which I remembered ran into downtown Naperville.  I turned, and within a couple of minutes was in the Country Curtains store.
Incidentally, Country Curtains costs a little more than going to a large box type store.  But all the curtains are made in the USA, and they are good quality.  I highly recommend them.
     Anyway....I went into Heaven on Seven and placed my order, then sat at the bar and waited.
     There must have been 1,000 bottles of hot sauce on the wall.  A veritable treasure trove of all things hot and spicy.  And I am not talking about the server...or am I?
     My order came and I got back in the car.  As I headed north, I was almost overcome by the aroma seeping out of the container.
     I eventually got back on 88 and home.
     I nuked the gumbo and the orzolaya and...... it was as good as the lady said, maybe even better.
     Spicy, but not overly hot.  Great aroma, sausage with a bite, tender shrimp.
     I'm looking around and thinking.....we  need more curtains!
     I can't wait to go back and try another dish.
    Who's with me??


No comments:

Post a Comment