Saturday, November 15, 2014

Knock, knock on wood.....I said a knock, knock, knock on wood

I bought a bunch of stuff today

     Wow, I spent money like I had it today!  Well, actually I have not spent it yet....when the CC bill comes, then I will spend it.  Actually Jackie will.  For some reason she doesn't let me pay bills.
     I have been looking for an area heater to put in the basement.  If we have the fireplace on upstairs, the basement gets chilly.  The fireplace raises the temp, which prevents the furnace from kicking on.  It's a problem when the person in the lower level (Julia or me) doesn't want the snot to freeze on their nose when watching TV.
     So I looked on line, went to Menard's, went to Lowe's.  I knew what I wanted, and both the DeKalb Menard's and the Rockford Lowe's had it.
     I asked the Lowe's guy, Stephen, about it and he checked his computer and found they had two in stock...but he had no idea where they were.
     I went on to buy the furring strips for the ceiling project.  (John, I will be calling.  Both of you.  Maybe Dan too.)
    He found me and said he located the units.
     We went back to his area, found it, plugged it in, looked at it.....but it was $30 higher than Menard's.
     I felt bad, because this guy had clearly spent a lot of time in looking for an item I was basically tire kicking.
     I told him I wanted it, but to be honest, the Menard's in DeKalb had the same unit, only $30 cheaper.
     He went on line, saw it at the DeKalb Menard's, and gave it to me for the Menard's  price, including the 11 percent rebate, which made it nearly $40 less!!
     So I bought it.
    Normally I don't say things like that....but from now on I will.
     This has been a good week for complaining!!
     So I came out a winner.
     And you can too by purchasing your Daily Cash Giveaway calendar from me.  They are only $20 and you can win $25. $50, $250 even $1,000 in the daily drawings!  Plus, you get buy one dinner,  get one free at Abraham's, and buy one dinner, get one for half off at Flight Deck and also Beacon on the Green!!  That alone pays for the calendar!  What a deal!!!
Let me know how many you want....but don't delay, the sales will stop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment