Monday, November 10, 2014

I'm sorry, so sorry; please accept my apology

A very wise person once told me, "Stop apologizing"

     I'm sorry, but I can't!
     I have done too many things wrong...and I have to apologize.
     To my neighbors:  All that paper blowing around last Thursday on recycling day?  Mine!!  My tub blew over.  I raced (OK, as much as a 66 year old overweight guy can race) down the street and picked up as much as I could, but I know some landed in Creston.  Maybe Dan and Linda found it!
     To Packer fans:  All those years I couldn't wait to rub it in when the Bears beat the Pack.  I am sorry.  Last night, no one called or texted or messaged me.  Not Sherri, not Warren, not Bob, not Wendy .... they let me dwell in a dejected, despairing quiet created by a team I once liked.  I can't Bear to watch them anymore.  (The team, not the friends.)
     To my neighbors:  The screaming was not directed at you.  My emotions got a little raw on the third first quarter touchdown.
     To my wife:  Just because.
     To my children:  I really am trying to clean up the stuff in the basement....but even if I live to 90, I can't get rid of it.
     To my neighbors:  Bingo, the trifecta!!  I sprayed my natural deer repellent on plants tonight.  I think it is made up of wolf piss and hot pepper sauce.  It smells terrible.  It's called Not Tonight Deer, and I bought it several years ago.  I have not used it in several years.  It comes in a powder that has to mix with water.
     After I mixed it, the sprayer clogged and I had to empty it.  I spilled in my garage, which now smells like a wolf or coyote or whatever relieved himself several times.
     I also managed to spray myself, and I hope that is not the reason my arms, legs and chest are itching like crazy right now.
     I don't remember if it is wolf urine or coyote urine, but I wonder how they collect it.  Talk about a stinky job!
     To all my friends I invited over for wine on the patio in 2013 and again in 2014:  The patio is not done.  I will invite you again in 2015.  To say we are quite upset would be as off the mark as saying the Bears put up a fight Sunday night.  Sad, that all my friends would fit on the patio, isnt it?
     I think that does it.
     I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment