Sunday, November 16, 2014

Bear down, Chicago Bears....

I may have broken a vow today

     I made that vow last week, during the blowout in Green Bay.
     I vowed never to watch a Bear game again.  Well, that lasted less than a week.
     Emily got some tickets from Kevin.  (Thanks!!  Great game!!)  So I broke my vow and went to the game.
     Great seats.  Good people around us!  (Four of them from Rochelle)
     Good crowd.  Nobody was obnoxious around us, despite one or two Vikings fans in the midst.
     Good weather.  Ok, it was cold, and snowy, but the wind wasn't very strong so it did not seem as cold as the NIU game last Tuesday.
     I think this was my first time in the new Soldier Field.  I remember going with Julia years ago, but I think it was before the remodel. I also remember a preseason game some years back.
     The Bears did almost everything right today.  Sure, they had almost three times the yardage of Minnesota yet only won by a score.
     Yes, Cutler got intercepted on a poor throw, made off balance, but he also threw three touchdown passes.
     And the defense seemed to have a little life.  Maybe those old guys are not washed up after all.
     So, no more words....just pictures.

20 minutes before the game and the stands were pretty empty

The suites would be sweet on a cold day!

Looking toward the lake and harbor

Stadium club...and yes, they let me in!

The historic columns of Soldier Field
Hear come da Bears
I am upside down, not the flag



Roof tops.....not like Wrigley at all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment