Sunday, May 4, 2014

'Twas a fine day for a walk

I participated in my third ever MS walk today

     My good friend Sheri and I took part in the MS walk in Rockford this morning.  We walked on Lane's Ladies team, and it was a nice stroll through Klehm Arboretum.
     Last year we had a group of six who walked in St. Charles, along the Fox River.  That day was hot and sunny.  Parts of the course last year were closed due to flooding along the Fox.   There must have been several thousand walkers last year, and the huge parking lots were full.
     The Rockford walk seemed a little less crowded.  There was plenty of parking at the arboretum on South Main Street and the walking trail did not seem as packed.  But it was a shorter walk.  I think we started about 9:05 or so and were finished at 9:40.  All times are approximate.....my sense of timing is pretty crappy.
      We met a lot of people from Rochelle, not only on Lane's team but Karen H.'s team.  Former students, current Rotarians, their relatives and friends.....all joining for a cause.
     I appreciate all the donations that have come my way.  It's great to know people are thinking about Jackie and other MS sufferers and are willing to help in the battle to find a cure, or at least a cause, for this disease.
     Now it's on to Chicago to watch the Cubs sweep the Cards......hopefully.  I will be packing my W flag to fly in the upper deck along the first base line.....and I will do a goofy dance during the Cubs win song.
     If I am not frozen, asleep, driven out by the rain, or have left early because it's a hopeless cause.

         
     

When you walk with the ladies, you have to dress like one!

No comments:

Post a Comment