Saturday, May 17, 2014

Perchance to dream...

I love lobster!

     I had lobster tonight for the first time in a year.  Fresh bread, pasta salad, pinot grigio and that crusty crustacean made for a great meal.
     I only had one problem.  I could not find my lobster eating kit!  It has a couple of claw crackers, some long pokers for getting the meat out; tiny forks.....  When you make two moves, sometimes things disappear.  I know I had them last year for lobsters and I put the kit someplace where I would find it this year.
     Obviously, that did not work.
    But the lobsters were tasty.
     I go to church at St Paul, the Episcopal Church in DeKalb.  We have been selling lobsters since 1969!  Live pickup at 4, cooked pickups at 5, 6, 7 p.m.
     the number was down a little this year, but it is a great event. Most of the money goes back to community groups, the parishioners have fun, and people get a cooked lobster to dine on that night.
     I saw a lot of Rochelle people come through the line.....so thank you very much.  Hopefully next year I will have my claw crackers out and ready to go.
     One man even took some time to explain how to tell male lobsters from female ones.  After his explanation, we looked at several and could not tell the difference.
      But that's ok....it's not important for us and I am pretty sure the lobsters know!


No comments:

Post a Comment