Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I cast my fate to the wind today

I have a hard problem making decisions

     I always have.  I try to measure each action, or outcome, and mentally balance it against the costs.
    And trust me, everything has a cost.
     The trick is weighing the merits of every decision, looking at what is best today and what is best in the long run and what will not irritate She Who Must Be Obeyed.
     Tomorrow, Wednesday, is one of those days.
     I love the Sound of Music.  The Lyric Opera is presenting the Sound of Music at a Wednesday matinee......for less than $30.  But it is only through this week.    I can take the train, catch the 1:30 show, be home by 7 and spend less than $50 to do all that.
     Or, I could go watch the Cubs.  Discover Card holders can buy upper deck box seats for $19.99 this week.  For less than $40, I can go watch the last Wrigley Field appearance of Derek Jeter and perhaps see a four game winning streak.
     What to do, what to do.
      Then fate intervened.
     The dirt I ordered for the garden was delivered. Now I have to move it from the driveway to the raised garden and plant the raised garden.  It should take me half a day to do that.  (Oh who am I kidding, it is a two day project with plenty of breaks!)
     So maybe tomorrow morning I work in the garden, take my bike into town after lunch, get a haircut, ride the bike path, relax with a coffee at Cypress House (About 3 p.m. Pat, if you are free.) then go home and take a shower.
      Now that I read that, it is a little depressing.
      Jeter?  Maria?  Garden dirt?
     I tell ya, I just can't decide.
     Maybe a good night's sleep will help....or maybe it will be rainy tomorrow....or maybe a friend will call and say they have game tickets....or maybe ........
     The hills are alive........
     Go Cubs Go!  Go Cubs Go!  Hey Chicago what  do you say, the Cubs are gonna win today....
     Maybe fate will intervene again.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment