Wednesday, September 4, 2024

soaked

 Well, that was an interesting experience

    I was outside moving some hoses when friend John called.  We had a nice chat, as we always do.

    After I hung up I hooked up the hoses to my timer, planning on watering the 2 new pine trees.

    I also had to water the plants on the front porch.  About Sept. 1, sometimes much earlier, I sort of lose interest in the plants out there.  But they still look good despite my neglect.

    I dragged the hose to the porch, turned on the water, and proceeded to water the plants.

    Here's where it gets weird and not a JD Vance weird either.

    I guess I did not have my belt in the right loop, because my pants started to slip down.  Then they started to fall down.

    Not wanting to be reported as an exhibitionist, I quickly grabbed the pants  with the hand holding the hose.  I got soaked.  And the water was cold.

    Oh well.  Could have been worse.

    I hung my bike up today.  I had hoped to ride 300 miles this summer.  But that was May.  By the time June came around, I had hoped to get 200 miles in before the end of October.  But it got hot.  My hearing went, and with it my sense of balance.  I did not want to risk a broken bone by falling off the bike.

    So my total for the year was......2 . 2 miles.  I did not even break a sweat.

    There is a little girl across the street who always says hello to me.  "Hi Terry," she will yell.

    One day she yelled, "Terry we have magnets in our garbage can.  Come see."

    So I did.  But they were not magnets.

    I think when we put dog poop in the garbage cans, flies like it.  And flies produce magnets.

    I took my garbage out last night.  It was full of magnets.

    Tomorrow I will wash it and toss in a little bleach to deter magnets from returning.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment