Sunday, September 15, 2024

rabbit holes

 I can't control myself sometimes


    Ok, I can't control myself most of the. time.

    For example.  I was looking at FB today and clicked on the reels section at the top.  

    I watched a couple of floods, then a snow avalanche that seemingly buried the person filming it.  But I don't know what happened to the guy.  Did he survive?  Did they just recover his phone and discover his last words were, "Holy shit...I'm in trouble?"

    And then there are the people playing piano somewhere and someone asks them if they can play a certain song.  When they start, another person whips out an instrument, steps up to sing, or in some other way creates a magical musical moment.

    But I keep seeing the same guy playing the piano!  Is it possible that every time he sits down a magical musical moment happens?  (Notice the repeated use of alliteration.  It is the mark of a true genius.). Or is it all prearranged just to create a Tik Tok moment?

    I was also struck by a photo of the Falkirk Wheel in Scotland.

    I thought it was a fake, so I checked Wikipedia and by golly, it is real.

    The wheel connects two canals.  But the canals are a different height. The wheel opened in 2002 and is 79 feet up.  Boats enter the wheel at the bottom, using a basin constructed for the wheel.  The wheel then turns and lifts the boat up while lowering boats from the upper level at the same time.  The boats at the top enter through a man made canal.  This way the 2 natural canals can be linked.

    Google it.  You will be impressed.

    Finally, I found an article in the Trib that talked about Hobby Horse Championships.

    True.  People use the stick ponies and run obstacle courses, do jumps, and other tricks.  There are American champions and European champions.   Go figure.

    I was looking forward to a good football game tonight.  But to be honest, I think the Bears offense stinks.  They can't complete long passes, run the same failing wide receiver screens, and run the ball up the middle too much.

    It's going to be a long season.

    I guess I might have to pass on looking for Super Bowl tickets.

    Clever, huh?  Pass.  You'll laugh at some point.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment