Monday, September 9, 2024

hurting hammies

Today I paid the price for my long walk 


    My hamstrings are killing me.  Figuratively, not literally.

    But they did cause a bit of a problem today.

    Jackie and I had our toe nails done.  I move her from her wheelchair to the salon chair, which is about 4 inches higher than the wheel chair.

    I have never had a problem doing this.  But, and here's the big butt, I never waked 97 miles in 110 degree heat the day before either.

    So I picked her up, and my right hamstring went "twang".  I think it was a high C, or maybe that was me screaming.

    Anyway, she went back into the wheel chair...barely.  Salon staff then helped and we got her into the chair.

    Getting out of the chair is easy because it is a drop down.  A little painful, but easy.

    So....I think it is time I start looking for someone to give in home pedicures.  Now, I might continue to go, but I am not sure about moving Jackie.

    We have briefly talked about buying a second car for me to just run around in.  

    Briefly goes like this.

    Me.  I think I should get a smaller car when Julia leaves just to drive around.

    Her. No

    That's about as brief as it can get.

    But I saw a new electric vehicle called a Spectre.....which might also be the name of the criminal circuit in some James Bond books I am reading.If so, I think it is a bad choice for a name.

    Major digression:  I am on Thunderball, which I think is the 7th in Ian Fleming's series.  Bond has only said he wanted his martini "shaken, not stirred" one time, and that was when he was a prisoner on Dr. No's island.

    Any way, the Spectre, if I have the name right, is a top of the line EV will all the bells and whistles.  I think it goes 500 miles without a charge, which is great.  That would allow me to drive around town a lot between churches.

    Rolls Royce makes it and the starting price is only $400,000.  But the model that was tested listed at $560,100.

    For one car.  

    If a person can afford to pay half a million dollars for a car, they can pay an addition 20 percent in income taxes.

    Just saying.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment