Tuesday, December 20, 2016

a hoarding we will go

My daughter thinks I have a problem

     It may have been the stacks of toilet paper.  Or the paper towels.  Or all the other stuff I save.
    But when Jackie and I went shopping today, I found some great bargains and stocked up.
    Corki, the pill of a dog, loves to eat.  We mix in some canned beans with her dry dog food and that helps fill her up.
    So when Big R or anybody has a sale on canned vegetables, I buy some.  I have about 30 cans of beans in the house.
     And Jackie likes to eat pineapple chunks.  They are about $1.59 a can, sometimes even more than that.  When I saw them for $1.25, I had to buy some.       Now we have about 17 cans of pineapple.
    Progresso soup?  Taking over a shelf in the pantry.
    I buy stuff when it's on sale....which explains all the toilet paper.
    I don't consider it a problem, just being a wise shopper.
    And I seem to be up in the 30 bottle range for wine.....but that is not a problem, believe me!
    If the world's manufacturing plants all shut down tomorrow, I would have enough toilet paper for at least a year and beans and soup for a month or more.
    That's not hoarding, it's planning.  Right?
    Jeez, I hope so.  But it still doesn't explain all the other stuff I have accumulated over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment