I consider myself a friend of trees
On our lot we have a red oak, white oak, burr oak, sugar maple, shagbark hickory, English plane tree, red bud, gingko, and 2 eastern blue spruce. Or something, not a Colorado one, but a different variety.
On my folly, I have planted sugar maple and hickory.
While I get them planted, sometimes I fall behind on maintenance.
So I spent about an hour and a half outside today, weeding around 4 of the trees.
When I was on my fourth, my old legs started barking and the little black bugs started biting my arms, neck, face.....so I quit for the day.
Doing this is something that should not take a long time, but it did. Hopefully the rest of the trees will be a little easier.
It's not just weeding. The pines have grown and their grass free circle has to be expanded. So I had to dig up some grass and make their circles a bit bigger. I am terrible at circles. It looks more like an oval.
I did listen to the Cubs on the radio.
I think the ending of the baseball season is a sad event. And watching Justin Verlander toss his last pitch as a pro baller did bring a tear to my eye, especially when his daughter ran out to hug him.
We have spent a good part of the summer watching Cubs games. Rooting for PCA, laughing at T Mac, singing when they win, pouting when they lose.
Yes, the playoffs continue. but the cast changes.
I just hope I can hear Pat Hughes say it one more time: "The Chicago Cubs have won the World Series."
All they have to do is win 14 more games and they will.
It can be done.
Peace and Love
Especially Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment