I like board games
Clue. Scrabble. Sorry. Monopoly.
But I don't have anyone to play with (poor me .. just like my youth).
Years ago I read about a game called Settlers of Cataan. The girls got it for me for Christmas. The directions were so detailed and long, I lost interest.
I noticed on Big Bang Theory, they played that game. I never did.
Today I read about a game called Campaign for North Africa.
Here is what the writer said about the game: "It is so detailed, complex, and cumbersome to play that it is thought no one has actually finished it, including its creator."
Two guys in England have started to play. They spent 2 years studying directions and practicing a preliminary campaign.
The game ends after 111 moves. It is based on the campaign against Germany during WW II.
There are specific rules. For example, aircraft can not pick up dead camels, but they can pick up live ones. Why anyone would want to pick up either is beyond me.
I do not want this game for Christmas!!
Which is just as well. It is out of production and sets are selling for $1,000, according to the article.
And if you have questions bout the game, tough. The company is out of business and the creator has died.
I guess no one knows how it ends or how you determine a winner.
We have friends traveling all over this week! Massachusetts, Paris, Washington and Oregon, among other areas.
I worry about the friends in Massachusetts. Midwesterners have never experienced a Northeaster, and it sounds like they are in for one heck of a weekend.
Cubs game was moved to Tampa. They are not playing well at all.
Weather was gray and cool today. It sapped me of any energy.
Hell, I could not even beat myself at checkers! And I cheated!!!
Maybe tomorrow.
Peace and Love
Especially Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment