Saturday, September 19, 2026

Hi and Low

I enjoyed today with my brother and sister in law

    But I have to admit, I might have been a terrible person.

    I spent a lot of time on Julia's porch.  I  enjoyed listening to the rain.

    But there was another reason.

    Bob and Anita and sister Judy got to our house about 12:30.

    Beth started  acting goofy.  Every minute or so she wanted to go out front.  In the pouring rain.
It was starting to get on my nerves a bit.

    But when I took her out, she could not make it to the grass and peed on the sidewalk.  It was bloody.
I called Emily and she took Beth to the emergency vet clinic in Rockford, where they spent the next four hours or so waiting to be seen.

    Emily called it when I told her about the bloody pee.  She said it was probably a UTI, and the vet at the clinic said the same thing.

    Beth is now on another medicine.  I can't buy coffee for the next 5 years.

    We went to Julia's for supper.  We had Portillo's beef, taco salad, cheesy potato salad and lots of snacks.

      It was nice to visit.

    Bob and Anita drove up from Florida and will be in Illinois for a few more days, spending time with Anita's sister in Olney IL, the home of the white squirrel.

    When Emily finally joined us, I took Beth out onto the screened in porch where she proceeded to pee about 6 tines.  We stayed out there because I did not trust her in the house.

    We also made a few trips out to the road.

    It was great to see them all again.  I wish I had spent more time with them.

    This morning I went to get Beth's dry dog food.  I use a blue scoop to measure out a half cup.
I picked the scoop, got distracted, and then could not find it.

    We looked everywhere 

     No scoop.

    When Jackie and I got home I looked again, carefully retracing my steps.  Turns out, I put the scoop on the lid of the crock pot in the pantry. It must have slid out of view.

    Coming home from Julia's was a challenge.

    I always turn at  an abandoned house on Skare Road and 64.   But it burned down this year.  (Or it burned up.  You pick.)

    The rain was falling , the windows were fogging up, the defroster was on and even though there is a sign for Skare Road, I drove past it.

    Compounding the errant driving, I went down Queens Road because I know that meets Bethel, which I can take back to Skare.

    Evidently I missed Bethel.  I can't figure out how because there is a stop sign there.  Which I must have missed.  

    Anyway, we got home.  Beth is settled in.  The Cubs won.  And the rain seems to be holding off for a while.

Peace and Love
    Especially Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment