Friday, September 4, 2026

damn it

 Sometimes my mind is in n neutral


    I had to go to DeKalb to puck up some meds for Beth.  We had enough until Monday, but with the holiday I did not want to run out.

    Stopped at the grocery store.  Bought a few things, loaded them in the back seat, got in the van and started to drive.

    I didn't go too far before I realized I never closed the sliding door.

    I needed gas for the mower and I was not comfortable carrying smelly gas cans to DeKalb.  With the windows up and the AC on, I thought the fumes would not be good for me.

    So I planned to make a second trip after I got home:  Drop off groceries, pick up the gas cans, finish my errands.

    I planned to go for dinner at about 5:30, so I was going to hold off mowing until 4:30 or so.  Julia was here and asked the basic question:  So, you are going to mow for 45 minutes, go into town, get gas and supper, then eat and go out to mow again? 

    That did seem a little odd, so I opted to put off mowing until after dinner.

     I went to town to get gas, stop at Wallyworld for a prescription and pick up dinner.

    I was near the gas station when I realized I did not bring gas cans.

    I got supper, which included a carry out strawberry margarita.  Julia ate with us, I watched the Cubs, then went out to mow.

    It gets dark pretty early.  I will be interested to see what I actually did mow considering it was so dark.

    Jackie asked me for something and I told her I would get it after the Cubs batted.

    An hour later she mentioned I was getting her something an hour ago and never actually got it  So I fetched that for her.

    But I did watch the Cubs a little.  Had a nice margarita and a burrito. and got some of the lawn mostly mowed.

    Yes, I could have gone out earlier but it was so darn hot!  I passed a bank In DeKalb and the temp was 95 while the temperature reading in the van was 92.  In any case, it was too warm for me to mow.

    That's my story and I am sticking to it.

    By the way, Beth is acting perfectly normal.   More than I can say for me.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment