Tuesday, September 22, 2026

brrrrrr

 Fall started today


    It was equinox day.  At this point the sun is most directly above the Equator, marking the official start to fall.  The Chicagohenge pictures were pretty cool.

    And it feels like  it!  Currently it is 55 degrees outside, and I don't think it got much warmer than that today.

    Plus there is a pretty stiff breeze.  I got a hot coffee from Cypress House and attempted to sit on the porch and read.  But the pages kept blowing! I tried to hold down both pages, drink my coffee and pet my dog, which proved totally impossible with only 2 hands..

    I read somewhere that an octopus actually has 6 arms and 2 feet.  I don't know if that is true.  I guess I will have to Google it if I am that curious.

    I am 78.  I am also a slow learner.

    I put my yard sweeper together last year.  I used it Friday, and the handle that attaches it to the mower was loose, so the handle shifted far to the left.

    When I tried to tighten it, I discovered one of the 2 bolts that hold it on were missing.

    So I took the completed bolt, spacer, and turning knob to Ace and got a bolt, spacer, and a turning knob.  I will say, it was a valuable lesson to learn:  tighten bolts and nuts and check them before use.

    Beth went to a new groomer today.

    She told Julia Beth would be done bout 10:30.  So I headed over to Ashton about 10;15.  As I approached Ashton, I got a text that it would be 11 before Beth was done..

    Now, it is at least a 15 minute drive.  It made no sense to return home.

    So I drove around Ashton, eventually parking at a playlot.  N kids were there, thank heavens.  I finished my morning tea,  and at s10:50 I headed out.

    I knew exactly where I was going.

    But I passed the place.

    I had GPS on, and I swear it told me to keep going.  When I hit a T intersection, it said I had arrived.  There were no houses!

    Turns out, it was the first house I passed.  The horse on the mailbox should have been a clue.

    As a side note the house near the playground is a mid 50s home, with all the original decorating.  I think it is on Zillow.  but it was neat when I saw pictures.

    And that's a wrap.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace


This is how I dress on coolish porch days

I think I found out what was wrong with my cucumber plant.  Can you guess?


No comments:

Post a Comment