Monday, September 28, 2026

bear down

 Salt, spiders, bears, oh my!!


    This day just got away from me.

    I did spend 45 minutes on the phone with Comcast.  Or Xfinity, whatever the hell you call it.

    Recap:  Last month when I got my bill I called and asked if there was a better rate.  The guy I talked to found a guaranteed $250 a month rate for high speed internet, wifi, and cable.  I said great, sign me up because it was a lot less than what I was paying.

    I also said to cancel our mobile line, which we never use.

    I checked boxes that said I agree  to the terms, was over 18 and all that other malarky.  (Now that's a word you don't hear often!)  I even gave the guy a positive rating on the survey at the end of the phone call.

    Opened my bill today  and it was higher than when I started!

    So I spent another 45 minutes in Comcast Hell. The guy I talked to this. time said there was no record of me having a plan like I described.  Nor was there a record of me cancelling the mobile account.

    Long story.......I am NOT paying $250, but I am paying less than I was.

    Lesson learned:  get a confirmation number when ever you make changes

    After PT Beth and I went to Julia's to move some water softener salt from the garage to the basement.  I took my hand truck, or dolly, whatever, and made 3 trips down to the basement.  I also brought in some downspouts that were laying in the yard.  

    Then I went to Emily's with my bug net to capture a huge wolf spider that took up residence in her dog room.

    I did mention that they make bug spray for those situations, but she wanted to catch and release the 8 legged venom producer.

    But when we swept the nest to catch it.....no spider. 

    Three jobs completed, I made dinner and then watched the Bears dominate the Eagles.

    Honestly, I thought the Bears would be in trouble.  They had a third string quarter back who is 38 years old and has not played in 2 years or so.

    But damn, he was good!

    It would be great if that win was the start of a 5 game sinning streak for Chicago sports teams this week.

Go Bears!

Go Cubs!!

Go Sox!!!

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment