Monday, September 7, 2026

olio

 A lot of different things today


    Jackie got me up at 7:30 so she could use the bathroom.

    Our alarm goes off at 7;45.  When it goes off, I put on pants, open the garage door, and do little things, like get out her clothes, put her towels out, and wait for the morning help.

    But today. there was about 30 minutes before our morning help arrived.  So I lay on the bed with Beth and turned off the alarm.

    The next thing I know is someone is poking me.

    I fell asleep.  Jackie called, but I was sleeping on my good ear so I did not hear the phone.  Not only that, but our morning help was late.  It was 8:30!

    I am not supposed to sleep on my good ear!  I am supposed to have a phone next to my good ear!

    Neither happened.

    About 11 the doorbell rang and 2 of our neighbors' children were at the door with a pan of snack mix!  I did not have my hearing aids in, so I may have missed some of the conversation.  But Jackie rolled over to join the talk and we had quite  a nice little visit. 

    Another neighbor had a Labor Day party for the kids.  He had a hay rack and hay bales and they took a hayride round the neighborhood.  A good time was had by all.

    We turned on the Cubs game, but could not see or hear anything!  All the other channels came in fine, but not Marquee.  I tried the online chat and that was totally worthless.    We ended up streaming it on the computer, which makes no sense.  Could not see it on the TV, but could on the computer.  Plus our neighbor watched it without any problem.  Weird.

    And yes, the game did frustrate us.  

    I got. rid of 4 bags of grass clippings, but I still have huge pile in the back.  I may resort to burning it, but burning grass has such a terrible smell.

    Tomorrow I am going to tackle a mountain of cardboard and my new bird feeder.  I figure I have most of the day to do that, and I may get one done.

    Also tomorrow, I am going to take Jackie out to the porch and surprise her with the mums.

    Beth is having good days. I walked her out to the back of the yard and she froze when she saw my bison.  She approached it very tentatively and after sniffing it, backed away.   I may take her out there again so she can see it is not going to do anything.

    The weather was great.......and I hope everyone took advantage of that and had a happy Labor Day.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment