Sunday, September 6, 2026

Broken promises

I went back on my word today

    I said I would not mow my yard on a Sunday, because Sunday was a day of rest.  And quiet.

    Well, I mowed.  And mowed.  And  mowed.

    Yard done.  Lot done.  I'm done.  

    I have christened the lot "Folly."  Part of me is thinking buying it was a mistake, but the other part of me says I don't have to put up with construction noise or neighbors who are not as great as the ones I have.

    While I was mowing, a bicyclist rode by and stopped in the driveway.

    It took me a minute to recognize friend Wendy, who rode out from town and stopped when she saw me  mowing.

    We had a nice. talk about riding, vacations and all other good things.

    In a sense it made me sad, because I used to be able to do what she is doing.  And no, she does not have an e-bike.  She pedals, which is the purpose of a bike.  

    I have not even taken my bike down this year.  I had said I would ride in August, but didn't.  Then I said September, and haven't.  There is still some time though, so maybe it will happen.

    For the first time this summer, I ate on the back patio!  It has always been too hot before, but tonight it was perfect. In fact, I was a little chilled by the time I was done.

    Emily got me some buttered chicken Saturday, but I ate so much at Costco I wasn't hungry.  So I had it today and I think I have enough for 2 more meals!  They sure gave me a lot of food.  I wonder if I can freeze it?   I am not sure about 3 nights of buttered chicken.  The nice breeze kept the bugs away, except for on aggressive fly that kept landing on my arm. 

    And I got the corn blanched and stripped from the cob.  It is now down in the freezer.  Next up will be carrots, but not for a while.

    Finally, I have a red tomato!!  I have no idea what I did wrong with them this year.  Too much rain?  Not enough water?  Too much sun?  Shade?  Is it the soil?

    All I know is the tomatoes were a flop.

    Beth had a pretty good day.  She has a semi solid BM working now.   The is progress, although pretty disgusting too.

    Happy Labor Day

Peace and Love
        Especially Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment