I don't like driving our van
I have trouble backing it into the garage. I have to back it in if Jackie is going somewhere.
Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 swings to get it parked. A couple of times I have scraped the side, but I have not done as much damage as I did with the golf cart.
So the girls and I looked at a car a couple of weeks ago, but model does not seem to accommodate a swivel seat.
The girls suggested I buy a second car, just to drive around and only use the van when I have to take Jackie somewhere.
That got me thinking.
I saw an article about an all electric car that I thought sounded like it would be a good fit. A 7 minute charge is good for 100 miles. It has a nice interior and looks sweet.
I believe it is a Torcal and is made by Bentley motors. Price as shown in the article was only $250,000.
I could cash in all my retirement funds and then borrow $225,000, but Jackie said no to that plan.
I then pointed out Ferrari has an all electric called Luce that is close to being marketed for only $640.000.
The Bentley sounds like a bargain, doesn't it?
If I had the money to buy one, I wouldn't. Food pantries and homeless shelters can use the money more than a person needs either of those cars.
I also read that California grape growers are having problems because people are not drinking enough!
Wine consumption is down 20 percent over a five year period. Grape growers in California don't have the market for their grapes, so some are converting the vineyards to something else.
The experts said young people are not drinking as much wine. They have other sources, like cannabis, that are more a part of their culture than wine.
I feel bad because I have not been drinking as much wine either. I hate to open a bottle for a glass, then let the wine sit and eventually spoil. Also, I have Swiss wine I like.
Suffice it to say, I have come a long way since Mad Dog 20/20.
Now, I am putting a cork in it for the night.
Peace and Love
Especially Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment