Saturday, September 12, 2026

and you are?

I went to a retirement party tyesterday


    Jackie opted not to go, which was lucky because the facility was pretty crowded and getting a wheel chair around would have been hard.

    Anyway, saw a lot of people I know.  A young man came over and said hello, and I asked him if he had been in the new Tilton School yet.  He looked at me like I was nuts. He said he had passed by it, but had not been in it.

    That's when I realized I was talking to the wrong name.  Let's say I thought it was Tim, but it was Bob.  As soon as he said no, I realized my error and called him Bob.  I was correct.

    A woman was serving appetizers.  I called her Susie several times.  After my third helping, I realized here name is not Susie.  I said, "I have been calling you Susie, but that is not your name, is it?

    She told me no, Susie was her boss.  She was Barbara.

    But the coup de grass came when a woman came into the room. 

    I said to her"Long time no see."  and I  chuckled. Then I said, "Jackie likes the shirts I bought."

    She had a puzzled look on her familiar face. Finally she asked, "Do you know who I am?"

    I admitted I did not.

    "Joanie Johnson," she said and I immediately smacked my forehead!  Of course!  I confused her with a person I bought some shirts for Jackie.from.  (That's a real awkward sentence, but I don't know how else to say it.)

    The only similarity is they both are short ladies with short light colored hair.  Facially they are not the same and I knew  this woman.  I had her kids in school!    At one point we were neighbors!!   

     Good grief.

    That explains why I can never find Waldo in those insidious books.  I can't distinguish faces. (Again, I know.  You have to look for Waldo's clothes, not his face.  Still can't do it.)

    Today we were at a place and I had to ask Jackie, 'Which one is Mona?  Whose Beth? Is that one Mary"?

    Of the 3, I was 1 for 3.  If Jackie had not been there, I would have called everyone by the wrong name.  Maybe I should just use the word friend instead of a name.

    That is certainly safer, though less adventurous. 

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace


Cut the square night at the museum.....this 1931 Rolls Royce made it



I love hood ornaments and decorations on older cars.



This was a1951 Dodge Wayfarer  .....Note the man behind it wearing a black and red shirt, just like the car
And the pup is a stuffed animal





No comments:

Post a Comment