Thursday, September 10, 2026

meh

 I just can't get going tonight


    I got up early to get Beth ready for her trip to the vet.  Emily took her, and Julia picked her up.  Jackie and I were getting haircuts, so I am glad the girls were able to step in for us.

    I don't understand all the medical terms for dogs, but Beth has a pretty severe condition.  She acts normal, seems normal, eats normal.......but has some "striations" on her stomach linings.  The ultra sound found that today.  The vet would like to do a biopsy, but can't because her albumen level is still below normal.

    He put her on a prednisone regime and we go back in 2 weeks for another blood draw.  He said,  based on what we know, it is a manageable condition. 

    After we picked her up from Julia's, we came home and I decided to mow our yard.   Finished at 5:30 and had to hustle to get to my museum meeting at 6.  I guess I just lost track of time while on the mower.

  We did have a visitor today.  I was in the kitchen when I saw movement on the patio.  I looked out and a huge hawk was sitting on the gutter!  I hope he was getting ground squirrels.  

     I am just sitting here.  It's about 9 and I have a load of laundry to do, a dishwasher to unload and then load with supper dishes.  I don't want to do any of it.

    It will all be there tomorrow.

    And so will I.  But I will also have to clean a bathroom!

    No rest for  the wicked, I guess.

Peace and Love

    Especially Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment