Sunday, August 16, 2026

Whadda change

 It sure feels nice out tonight


    I was out earlier in the day and it seemed hot and humid.  Close, is what my parents called it.

    I think that was code for "I am hot.  I am sticky. Get too close and I will bite your head off."

    But I am not sure.

    I went out tonight to water the porch plants and it actually felt comfortable.  

    Normally I would have put the porch plants out on the sidewalk and let Mother Nature take care of the watering.  But I did not do that.  I should have.

    When I checked my rain gauge last night it had 1.9 inches in it!  That's a lot of rain.

    Today was blanch, chill and bag beans day.

    Jackie and I spent the better part of our day cutting beans.

    Then I blanched  them, stuck them in cold water, dried them, and finally bagged them and put them in the freezer.

    We ended up with 2 1-gallon bags of green beans and 3 1-gallon bags of Italian beans.  That should be plenty for the next 10 months!

    Next weekend....corn.

    I made a huge mistake last night.

    After I got Jackie to bed, I did my blog, played solitaire, read some articles, checked Facebook and before I knew it, it was 1:15!

    I am not making that mistake tonight.

    I hope.

Peace and Love

    Especially Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment