Monday, August 24, 2026

huh!

 I had an eye exam today


    I go to 2 different eye doctors.  The one today is a retina specialist.  I go to him because I have a small hole in the retina in my right eye.

    It is not macular degeneration.  It mimics that, but generally does not get worse.

    But, I go every 6 months just to be sure the damage is not getting worse.

    Last night I was laying in bed.  We have a smoke detector on the ceiling.  It has a green light if it is working, a red light  if it needs a new battery.

    The room was completely dark,  I closed my left eye and stared at the slittle green light.  It moved!!  It was like a satellite going across the ceiling.

    But it did not move, because it is fastened to the ceiling.

    I repeated the process by closing the left eye and focusing with the right and it continued to move!

    When I told that to the good doc today he gave a very detailed medical explanation.  "Huh", he said, looking at me like I was a nut.  "That's interesting.  I have no idea what would cause that."

    I wonder if my eye just wanders in the dark, because it does not do that during the day.

    Another of life's puzzles.

    My eyes are still dilated, so everything is really bright.  Especially the computer screen.

    Last night I sat in front for a while and got bit.  Whatever it was, I began to itch like crazy while getting the eye exam.  I may have scrap[ed the skin off my leg.  

    I put on plenty of lotion when I got home.  On my leg.  On my ankle.   On my hand.

    And that is my life.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment