This was a pretty darn good day
Sure, we had a severe thunderstorm warning with the possibility of damaging wind and a tornado, but all it did was get real dark and rain.
Friends John and Kathy came out from the city for a long overdue visit. They brought a variety of brats and salads for lunch.
I had a Greek brat, which was made with lamb. It was pretty darn tasty! There are also Italian beef brats.... but those did not get cooked. And traditional brats. Plus some hot dogs. They graciously left the left overs.
It's great to visit with friends you have had for a long time. We told stories, talked about dogs, and just had a great time talking and laughing.
Julia dropped by and Emily stopped after work.
After everyone but Julia left, I asked her about the bugs I have been finding in the pantry.
She said they looked like the grain beetles she had.
We hunted for a source and I think found it........ Beth's dog food!
I was getting food at the bottom of the container and there were a lot of bugs there. And also in a container with treats.
We ended up tossing out a lot of expired, and buggy food. I found some in the bottom of a couple of spices we bought in Amish country so they got tossed. The spices, not the Amish.
The damn bugs are just annoying. Hopefully getting rid of the buggy dog food will solve the problem.
But now I have to figure out how to store dog food so bugs don't get in it.
And honestly, we have never had that problem until recently.
After all that, I went out to mow. Another disaster.
The grass is pretty long. I could not finish because it got dark.
I have to finish mowing, run the sweeper over the grass because the cut grass is laying everywhere. I also have to start picking beans. And go to PT. And wash down shelves in the pantry. And go to a museum meeting. And put the pantry back together.
Something tells me I won't get that all done tomorrow.
But Rome wasn't built in a day.
Today was good. Friends are good. Family is good.
Not much more I can ask for.
Peace and Love
Especially Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment