Thursday, August 20, 2026

no zest

 Sometimes I can't find what I beed


    We have been making lemon cookies recently.  The recipe says they are Panera lemon cookies.  We loved those cookies, but they stopped making them.

    Jackie found a recipe and I follow the recipe.

    But, and there is always a big butt, the recipe calls for lemon zest.

    I have been using a McCormick spice called lemon peel, which should be the same as lemon zest.

    But I am out of the lemon peel.

    I bought a lemon and scraped the rind to get the teaspoon of zest.  But I tossed the rest of the lemon.  Now that I think about it, I wonder if I could have gotten a tablespoon of lemon juice from the lemon, because the recipe calls for that too.

    Anyway....went to Walmart, Hy-Vee and no lemon peel.  Last time I I found it at Woodman's in Rockford, but I don't want to drive up there just for. that.

    Maybe I will try squeezing the lemon and zesting it for the next batch.

    And that is all I have.

Peace and Love

    Especially Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment