Saturday, August 22, 2026

aww shucks

 Baseball is a fickle sport


    Two nights in a row the Cubs have had a win in their back pocket.  Last night a .130 hitter bloops a 2 out single into center to score Seattle's winning run.  Tonight with 2 out in the bottom of the ninth and the Cubs leading 4-2.....double, single, home run.

    Dang that is frustrating.

    I took a vacation tonight.

    I spent the evening at a small lake, watching the flames from a little campfire.  I would hear the laughter of children playing on the beach.

    It was all very relaxing.

    Trouble is, I was on my front porch just imagining all of it.

    As I was imagining, I got bit twice by I assume mosquitoes.  Damn, that does itch!

    We had 1 inch in our rain gauge.  That is a lot of rain at one time.  In Rochelle a friend of Julia's had 2.5 inches, plus hail.  I did not see or hear hail.  

    I washed out Beth's new dog food container.  It is insect proof.  It holds 25 pounds of dog food.  I buy 25 pound bags.  Explain to me why there was a couple of pounds of dog food on the floor as I filled the container.

    And yes, I did try to stop but things did not go well.  Now I have dog food in 3 containers.

    The Chicago area last year had a record 273 warnings for severe storms or tornadoes.  This year there have been 330 warnings....and there is still time for more.  Records are made to be broken, I guess.

    And somewhere I read that Illinois leads the nation in the number of tornadoes this year.  Go figure.

    Politicians should be paying better attention.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment