Friday, August 21, 2026

it was a dark and stormy night

 Snoopy got it right about tonight


    At least I think it was Snoopy.  If not, tell me so I know the truth!

    Fake news.

    I bought a half gallon of milk Wednesday.

    I drank some last night and it did not taste as good as it usually does.

    This morning I drank some of a small glass, and it did not taste right.  It did not smell right.  I did not drink a lot, just a couple of swallows.  

    That may explain my numerous trips to the bathroom and the  general feeling of nausea I have been experiencing today.  Or it may be something else., like my poor dietary choices.  In any case, I decided to toss it.  The milk.

    Unfortunately I did not buy milk on my daily trip to Wally World, so I had to go back this evening.  That was ok because we ordered take out from a local Mexican restaurant.  I had planned to order a take out margarita, but didn't want to take the chance of further upsetting the tummy.

    On my first trip, I bought a single onion.

    I put it on the self check out scale and it rang up $2.42 with a weight of 2 pounds.

    I hit the cancel button and did it again.  Same result.

    I called the help person over and asked how that could be correct.  She re-entered it and said I should be ok.  It registered $2.42 again.

    I called her over and again said that can't be right because this one onion does not weigh 2 pounds.  I told her I wasn't buying it, so we canceled the onion.

    I went back to the onions and found one with a zebra code. I scanned it and it came up 81 cents.  

    I went back to the lady and said there is something wrong with the store's system.  I am sure she took care of it right away.

    That's why you have to pay close attention!

    Gosh.....first high school football game of the season in Rochelle tonight.  It is thundering and lightning and I have no idea if they finished or not.

    It seems crazy to me for high school football to start so early.  I bet really good teams can play up to 15 games this year, counting the HS championship.  That to me is just way too many games for young people to endure.

    But what do I know.

    Not much.  You?

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment