We had some luxury today
I had a pedicure and Jackie got her toe nails trimmed. We go to a place in Sycamore, have been going there for a long time.
While there, I stopped at the audiologist's for supplies, the eyeglass place for an adjustment on Jackie's glasses, picked up dog food for Beth, returned some shorts. to Kohl's, bought hair spray at Ulta, and picked up some groceries at Hy Vee.
It was a busy afternoon.
But life does have its frustrations.
We got our X Finity bill and I almost shipped my pants!
Our bill has gone up almost $100 since June!
After a very long time with a live chat, I was told our bill had been lower because we had promotions which have expired and there are no current promotions available.
Neither Julia or Emily have cable service. Maybe it is time for me to consider going to another provider.
But, they have to carry Marquee so we can watch the Cubs on their way to another World Series.
As we were driving today I noticed some yards are full of old cars and trucks, machinery, garbage, and other stuff.
It makes me wonder why a person would have 5 or 6 vehicles that don't run. Or why they leave garbage all over their property.
When we first married we struggled, financially. but we kept the yard clean.
True, walk into our kitchen now and maybe it would not be sparkling clean, and there may be dishes in the sink. And on the counter. And the recycling bin may be full. And maybe the counter tops are cluttered
But the outside looks nice.
And that's the way it is.
Peace and Love
Especially Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment