Sunday, October 12, 2014

OOps, I did it again

I am not Mr Fix-it

     I try to fix things.  If it is really difficult, I call a professional.
     But something simple?  I should be able to handle that.
     Like sweeping out a garage and getting the spiders off the ceiling.  First thing I do, first thing, is break Julia's broom.  Shattered in pieces, all that is left is the pole.
     Prior to that, she had a kitchen sprayer/hose faucet that had limed up.  I removed it, soaked it in vinegar overnight, then replaced it.
     Now there is only one way to put it on......and I could not get it.  It's a push and twist thing.     Notches in the faucet line up with tabs in the plastic head.  Get them in line and twist, and it is back on.
     Oh no, Moen breath!  I tried and tried and tried until my trier was sore, and it would not go back on correctly.  In fact, it fell off a couple of times.
     The last time I lined up the tabs and notches, twisted and ..... miracle, it stayed on.  But there is no spray feature anymore!  And I can't get it off!!
     Today Monica and George, friends of Julia's, came for dinner.  So I vacuumed the floors.  Julia had a candle on the dining room table.... on the table..... and I knocked it off.
     Wax all over the place.
     Jackie suggested using a hair drier and paper towels, and that worked.  It took quite a while, but it worked.
     Unfortunately, the floor is a little slick.  I guess it has been waxed.
     And now for an unusual coincidence.
     Monica and George had gone to California to visit friends and relatives.  George is from California.  They took their daughter to Disneyland.
     They then flew from LA to Montreal, where they had a connecting flight from Montreal to Geneva.
     This was the early part of July.
     Emily and John went to visit Julia in early July.  They had a connecting flight from Montreal to Geneva.  But Emily and John's flight got cancelled because a bird got caught in the plane's engine.
Monica said their flight from Montreal was cancelled because a bird got caught in the plane's engine!
     Monica said there were no planes available, and they had to stay overnight...same as John and Emily!!
     Either a bird in the engine is pretty common, or Emily, John, Monica, George were all on the same flight.....they just didn't know each other at the time.
     Weird, isn't it??

No comments:

Post a Comment