Tuesday, October 14, 2014

And a duck duck here, and a duck duck there

Sometimes I have strange hallucinations

     Like seeing a giant duck.  At least I think it was a duck.  It quacked like a duck.  But it didn't look like a duck.
     Well.....you be the judge:



     Yes, I know what you are thinking:  What the heck???
     I watched this man set up a stool, unpack his blanket and mask, put it on, and just sit there, quacking at people who went by in downtown Vevey.
     He never said a word, he just quacked.
     And if you put money in his basket, he quacked a lot and nodded thanks to you.
     It was actually quite entertaining.  Some kids stopped and touched his beak, while others just waltzed by like he didn't exist.
     Julia and I went to lunch at a restaurant called Charlie's down on the lake shore.  It is the only restaurant directly on the shore....been there for years.  
     I had my favorite meal here:  butter fried perch and fries, with a salad.
     Jackie and I used to go to Yvoirre in France for lunch and I would order that at La Pirate, and was never disappointed.  Today's was good, but I miss the Yvoirre trips.



     And Emily and John, notice the weather is very sunny.  Following Monday's dreary day, the sun felt very nice today.
     So, Julia and I spent the day wandering the streets of old Vevey.  Jackie did not feel up to making the trip to town, so I spent money like a mad man without her.
     Lunch. Coffee. Chocolate......the francs were flying!
     I also went to the market and wandered around there for a while.  But I am posting those pictures to Facebook as an album.
     Just seems easier.
     And tomorrow I have to pack and weigh suitcases.  This could be close.  If I have time, I may take one final walk for this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment