Sunday, March 30, 2014

We were not looking for suds......

I almost picked up a girl in a laundromat

     First off, I am shy.  I find it hard to talk to strangers, especially girls.  But when I was in high school, I had some uncanny ability to meet girls in strange ways.  Camille actually sat on me during a city football championship.  We had several dates.  I met a girl at a carnival.  We went out for a few months.
     Believe me, I was not what you would consider a catch.  No car, acne, not much money....but I was a lot of fun.
     As a teenage boy, I was always anxious to meet a girl...any girl. In a group of guys, it was like a challenge.
     So there we were.  I am not sure who was driving...could have been John, could have been Frank.  All I know is we were cruising down Montrose Avenue in Chicago and we passed a laundromat.  There were three of the slutiest looking girls I had ever seen, and we were determined to get to know them.
     Marc, myself, and one other person went into the laundromat.  The three girls were hanging around by the door, smoking and cussing.  They had black leather jackets.  They were gorgeous.
     We struck up a conversation.
     We got names.  We talked about the weather.  We asked what they were doing.
      Then Marc the tv mogul asked the question of the night.
      "So, " he began in his suave, extremely sexy voice, "do you  have boyfriends, or do you live off yourselves."
       A rather interesting pick up line, I thought.
      The cutest of the three reached into her purse and pulled out a huge switchblade.  It must have been four feet long.  It opened with a flash and waved in front of our faces.
     "Would you like to repeat that?" she said, straightening up.
     The three of us looked at each other, looked at the knife, looked at the door and ran like hell.
     The thing is, to this day I don't know what he meant.
     All I know is, those three girls didn't think it was funny.

   

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment