We had a pretty busy day today
And my back is barking!
I once told wifey that we can't do too many ins and outs of the car because that us a lot of stress on my back.
Well, I am icing it right now!
We went to DeKalb. In and out for her doctor's appointment.
We went o Ollie's. In and out for custard. But the great part was we got to catch up with Barb and Rick in addition to enjoying frozen custard. (It is not ice cream! It's custard!)
It was a beautiful day outside too. We sat at a table under some trees in the back and talked about old times at Tilton, new times, future times......a really nice visit and catch up, I had the Black Forest sundae, which is vanilla custard, chocolate topping and a heaping dose of cherries. It was yummy!
We got home, I gt her out of the car and after about an hour sitting around, we went to a church fellowship dinner at Luna in Rochelle. So it was in and out of the car again.
That makes 4 in and outs in one day....but it was worth it.
We visited friends, socialized with our church people, had custard, and enjoyed a really nice day.
I did feel sorry for the waitstaff at Luna. There were 16 of us, plus tables outside that had people, and only one staffer plus the bartender. Our waitress was really working hard. I think we al left her a nice tip.
The icing on the cake was seeing the Cubs with a 9-0 lead.
But poor Beth is feeling neglected. We were gone a lot and I think she missed us.
Luckily tomorrow is an open day. My back is happy.
Peace and Love
Especially Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment