Friday, July 24, 2026

chicken cordon black

 I am not a great cook


    In reality, I am not even a good cook.

    I am not imaginative, innovative, or able to follow a recipe.

    But I try.

    When I cooked burgers and brats for Emily's birthday I thought they were nicely done.

    My steaks have been turning out better.

    But tonight, well, supper was more like a burnt offering.

    There is crispy chicken, and there is chicken that when you bang it on the plate it sounds like a piece of wooed.  And it looked like it too.

    I bit into it and thought I broke a tooth!

    These were breaded chicken breasts found in the frozen food aisle.

    I put them in the air fryer and did not check on them until it was too late.

    Jackie said they were ok, I thought they were a tough nut to crack.

    I did not take my hearing aids in today.  They are only open until 3 on Friday, and we slept in.  Plus Jackie had a blood test, so we took care of that.

    Then we went home, picked up Beth, and drove out to Julia's to check out her sidewalk and the plantings.  It really looks good.

    I just checked my veggie garden.  The tomato plants look like the leaves are curling up.  I don't know if they are getting too much water or not enough.

    And the cucumbers are going crazy.  I need to remember to plant one plant.  When the seeds sprout, I need to pull all of the growths except one.

    I just wish the tomatoes would start coming.

    I regret not planting lettuce.  Well, check that.  I planted lettuce but nothing came up.  I think the birds may have gotten to the seeds.

    I still have seeds, but is there enough growing season left?

    Might as well plant the seeds, eh?  I mean, what could happen besides nothing or lettuce?

    And maybe it will fill some bird's tummy.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace




No comments:

Post a Comment