Life is full of surprises
And it is not just me, although today there were a couple.
Jackie and I went to see Who's Christmas staged by VCCT.
Amy Frank was the lead in this Dr. Seuss themed play. Actually, she was the only character! The show runs 90 minutes or so and is really well done. The script was great, the set amazing, and Emily as Cindy Lou Who was incredible.
Not only is it funny, sad, and happy, but it is also in rhyme!
If you have not gone, please go. Yes, there is language and sexual references and youngsters will not be allowed. But really, it wasn't terribly foul.
You can even get your picture taken with Cindy Lou Who.
I had some bags of landscape waste take into town.
I stopped at Aldi's first, then went to the car wash.
I was not paying close attention, but I pulled in behind a silver truck in the automated bay.
I see the guy standing outside his truck!
No water was running, although the spray arms were right at the back of his truck when they stopped working.
So there he sat. Could not go forward, could not get the door up to exit. Could not go backward because the sprayer arms blocked his path.
I tried putting a token in to see if that would at least open the door, but the machine would not take my token because it said the bay was in use.
But it wasn't.
There is a phone number to call, but it was picked up by an answering machine.
I told him good luck. He said he may just wander over to the restaurant and stay there until breakfast.
But here is the interesting thing. While I was looking for the tokens in my center console, I found my damn sunglasses!!! Yes, the ones I just paid $150 to replace. They were stuck in the back of the console. Damn me for not putting stuff away.
We were having hot dogs tonight. I stopped at McDonald's for fries.
I tried using the animated kiosk. After I got through taping it 593 times, I inserted my debit card and got the message that the card reader was not working. Pay at the counter.
I know! I could have just ordered at the counter, which I did. That was at 6:20. That is the time on my receipt.
One order of fries.
I waited 16 minutes!
After I left I checked the car wash but the truck was gone.
At one point he said he had a Sawsall in his truck.......
Last night Jackie said she was cold, so I sett he AC a little higher.
When we went to bed, I set it lower, to 71.
I put the phone face down on the dresser and went to bed.
At 1:30 I got up because I was chilly. The room seemed cold. I checked the thermostat and it was set to 54!!!! The room was 68 on my little thermometer. The AC was humming away. I raised it to 71.
Lessons learned: Put sunglasses away. Don't put the phone face down with a program open.
Nuff said.
Peace and Love
Especially Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment