Monday, March 7, 2016

Redemption??

I have two meetings this week

     I have one Wednesday morning at 7 and one Thursday night at 7.
     Now, you know about the meetings so it is up to you to help me.
     I missed both meetings in March, simply because I am old and getting forgetful.
     I talked to Jackie about the 7 a.m. meeting, changed the time on the alarm, and went to bed.  Of course, I did not set the alarm....so when I woke at about 8:30 I had a sense I had missed something.
     I realized about 10 that it was a Rotary meeting.
     Someone from the museum called me to remind me of the Thursday night meeting.  I told Jackie that I can't miss a second meeting....and promptly went about watching tv on Thursday night.
     Not to scare my daughters, whose names I don't remember, but this is how I live.
     I went into the pantry to put away the butter.
     I also went into the pantry to put away the milk.  I think it must be the pantry.  There was a bag of chocolates in there and I may have programmed myself to go in automaticaly.
     I put the spice container in the wrong spot....twice.  It wasn't bad enough the first time, I actually took it out and without moving, put it back a second time.
     I can remember most of the Downton Abby characters, but I can't remember where my phone is.   And it does no good to call myself, because usually I have it on mute......or in the car....or in my coat....or who knows where.
     The daughter who lives here and her fiancee came over Saturday and showed me how to use my new thing a ma jig......and today I can't remember all the steps, where all the parts are, what the flashing blue light means.
     I bought a back up disk for my camera.  It had to be formatted.  So I inserted it, formatted it, and took a couple of pictures.  I put the disk in the disk reader and ...... no pictures.  I reinserted it and got the message card not formatted.  So I put it in again, and reformatted.  Meanwhile, I took the old disk and put that in the disk reader and there are the pictures I just took to test the new disk.  I guess I formatted the already in use and formatted disk.
       I told Jackie the thing I fear most is not being able to remember the important stuff.  Well, that and a Trump presidency.  And a chocolate shortage.  And ETs invading us.
     An update:  Two weeks ago I said I wanted to lose 10 pounds by Emily's wedding.  Here's the news:  Starting weight, 199.5.  Current weight:  204.
     What the hell.............

No comments:

Post a Comment