Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My bags are packed, I'm waiting to go

I am going to see Chuck Berry, live

     By the time you read this, I will be on my way to a Chuck Berry concert.
     Chuck Berry.  Live.  A legend performing hits from the 50s and 60s.  Maybe he'll sing My Ding a Ling or Maybelleine, or Roll over Beethoven, or Johnny B. Goode....I get excited thinking about it.
      He performs concerts about once a month at a place called Blueberry Hill in St. Louis.  Tickets sell out fast and when they went on sale two months ago, I bought two.
      Chuck is 87 years old.  He has been playing since the 1950s and is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
      Famous for his guitar work, I am not sure what to expect.  Will his hands and fingers still work magic on the strings?  Will his voice sound good and strong?
      So that is what I am doing today. ..... driving to St Louis, going to a concert that has no seating, reliving my youth and watching a rock and roll legend.
      It's going to be a blast.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment