Thursday, October 8, 2026

shudda

 I have me t the enemy and he is me


    I stole that from Pogo.

    You may remember the opossum in the comic strip that had a whole bund of swamp friends.  Albert, the cigar smoking alligator.  I can't remember the others.

    But that's not the point.

    I am my own worst enemy.

    Case in point.  Today I had an agenda.  Clean part of the house at 1,  finish knocking apart my old raised garden bed supports, museum meeting at 5 followed by museum meeting at 6 with a trip to the store and a stop at a visitation wedged in between the meetings.

    I was showered and ready to go by 11.  

    I even had the paper read.  I was ready for the day.

    But I thought a short 30 minute nap would be helpful.  I still can't get to sleep at night.

    So at 11:15 I set my alarm for 45 minutes and sat in my red chair on the porch.

    At 12 I set it for 30 minutes.

    At 12:30  I just sat back in my chair enjoying the day,

    At 1, Jackie asked for lunch.  Seemed like a good idea, so I got hers and made one for me too.  But first, she helped me clean off the desk.  It is better.

    At 2:15 I remembered I had a load of laundry to do.  And after I did that I started cleaning.

    And cursing myself for not getting to it earlier. I do that constantly.  I beat myself up for not doing things.  And then I get in a panic because I have stuff do do and I doh't know where to start.

    Which leads me to where I am now.  11:30  p.m. and  laundry is folded  and the bedroom is back in place.

    I also managed to watch most of the White Sox, fix dinner, do dishes, and play solitaire.

    I will never learn.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment