Monday, October 5, 2026

surprise!

 I failed to mention a couple of BIG things


    No, I did not win money in a lottery.

    No, I am not in the Epstein files.

    And no, I have not been recruited by the CIA.

    Big thing one:  After everyone left Saturday, I was getting Jackie to bed.

    Our normal routine is having her sit in the walker, facing the bed.  I then push her forward until her knees rest on the bed rail.  Then she drops forward while I swing her legs up.

    I know!  But I don't know any other way.

    Well, her leg gave out and she slid to the floor at about 10:30.  I can not get her up by myself, so I called Emily.

    Yes, she was asleep.  Yes, she was tired.  Yes, she came over.

    We spun Jack around so her feet were against the wall.  Then Emily grabbed one arm, I grabbed the other and we lifted her.  At that point she fell backward onto me and the bed.

    It was quite the deal. 

    No blood, no foul.

    But the BIG news!!

    The girls and I are going to the Christmas Market Dec. 10.

    I only go to get a mulled wine, the cup, and a Weiner schnitzel.

    But Saturday Julia told me she made reservations for lunch at a real restaurant.

    I am finally. after 78 years, going to eat in The Walnut Room!!!!

    That is one of the items on my Bucket List...now I will be able to cross that one off.

    Ever since I heard of the Walnut Room I wanted to eat there.  My parents could not afford it.  Every time I went to Fields and stared at the huge tree, I wished I was there, eating a chicken pot pie and having coffee.

    This year I get my chance.

    Jackie is going too.

    I just hope there is not a blizzard that day.

    And I don't mean from Dairy Queen.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment