Tuesday, October 6, 2026

fall

What a great day today was 


    Mild temperatures, lots of sun, brilliant skies.

    It was a wonderful day.

    I even got some things done.

     Well, after my  naps on the porch, anyway.  I slept for 40 minutes twice!  When I finally woke up,  it was after 1 and I had things to do.

    I tried pounding my tree feeder stakes into the ground, but it did not go well.  Even though we have had a lot of rain, I could not get the tree feeding stakes into the ground.

    I puzzled about this.  I tried a couple of things that didn't work.  Then I hit on the idea of driving a fence post into the ground, wiggling it around to expand the hole, then dropping the tree spike into the hole.   It worked! 

    All my trees have at least one root feeding spike in the ground, some have 2 and a couple 3, depending on the size of the trunks.

    I also weeded around a couple of trees and I finally put the bird feeder together!  I filled it with seed, so I hope to see birds come to this one.

    I also put out our pumpkin lanterns.

    None of the jobs took a lot of time, except for the tree work.

    I did take a 15 minute break for an instant coffee and a cookie, and I spent that time reading on the porch.  

    Then I got back to work.

    Yeah, I am tired.  But I feel like I accomplished something today.

    And it is not often that I say that.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace


I used a pounder to drive in the fence post

I think I have to hire someone to straighten my tree.  


No comments:

Post a Comment