I am about to break one of my own rules
I am going to mow. Tomorrow. Sunday.
I try to avoid mowing on Sundays because it should be a day of rest and peace.
But sometimes good things happen.
Friend Lauri popped in for a visit and we had a nice time talking about Rochelle, theater, people we all know.
I had just gotten back from buying pumpkins. I went to a location on Bethel Road east of 251 and bought some good sized pumpkins for a great price.
As I was pulling out of the yard, I saw a couple working in their flower garden and I stoped to tell them how great the pumpkins were.
Turns out we all knew each other. Don and I have known each other for years and his wife Belinda student taught at Tilton School many years ago.
Anyway, after Laurie left Julia, Emily and Camryn came over for supper. Julia picked up Chinese food from a place in Oregon, Emily made pumpkin bars, and we had a nice time visiting.
One of the jobs for today was to roll up the living room rug, reposition the padding, then roll the rug back.
It is a little off line and my OCD kicks in whenever I enter the room or sit on the couch.
It has bothered me for months. But I knew I could not do it alone.
Emily looked at it and said, "Have you tried pulling it?" Then she gave a couple of pulls and the rug and pad slid into place.
Sometimes I make solutions more complicated than they are.
At least a Chicago baseball team won today. I truly believe the Sox will go far.
Time will tell.
Peace and Love
Especially Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment