Friday, October 2, 2026

Fun Friday

 Today was a really nice day


    Sunny, sweatshirt weather.

    I had some errands to run and asked friend Jen if she felt like going along.  She did.

    My last stop was Cypress House, where I treated her to a coffee and I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season.

    To be honest, I am not a PSL fan.  I have one each year just to say I did.

    We sat outside, enjoying the crisp air and lively conversation.

    It was nice just to sit and chat.  I felt very relaxed.

    I did not realize how much time had passed!

    I picked her up at 1:30 and it was past 3:30, so I dropped her off at her house and  went home.

    As I pulled into the garage, I realized my phone was sitting on the table outside  Cypress House!

    They close at 4.   It was just a couple minutes to 4.

    I went into the house, asked Jackie to call them and tell them I was on my way.

    They found my phone and Cypress House Emily knew it was mine.  She also knew MK was a friend, so she called MK and told her they had my phone.  Meanwhile, Jackie called Cypress House and talked to Emily.

    I pulled up about 12 after and Emily was watching for me.  I got my phone back, said thank you several times and headed home.

    Then my relaxing day turned into a cleaning day .

    Our cleaner was sick and did not come yesterday, so I cleaned.

    Yesterday I did the West Wing.  Today I cleaned the great room.  Tonight I plan to clean the nook, which should take 10 minutes.

    You see the problem right?

    It takes me 3 to 4 days to clean the house!

    I get bored, tired, distracted.......you name it.

    Tonight I did bring up Halloween decorations and Jackie directed their placement.  They are mostly done.

    You are wondering, why did I buy Jen a coffee?

    Well, she is a friend.  But she also bought tickets from me for  the museum's 50/50 drawing.  If people buy $20 worth of tickets from me, I will treat them to a coffee.

    And yes......I do owe people several coffees.  (Actually, I still owe Jen one because she bought tickets last year and we just never got together.)

    But they are all friends, so that is good.

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace


50/50 drawings help keep the lights on!

chocolate banana frappe was good!


No comments:

Post a Comment