Monday, June 22, 2026

whew!!

 I was productive today


    That is unusual.

    Our morning help leaves at 11.  At a little after 10 I went out to the front porch for a 30 minute nap.

    I did not take my phone.

    Then there was a slight miscommunication.

    I woke at 11:45.

    Jackie rolled herself to the front door, opened it, and called me.  If she hadn't, I might still be asleep.

    I should have plainly said wake me when you leave.  But I didn't. Lesson learned.

    When I was a kid growing up in Chicago, we had a front porch that was partially screened in.

    There was a white iron chaise lounge, with a real comfy cushion, on the porch.

    Sometimes in the summer I would sleep out there, especially when it was hot.

    Sometimes I think about sleeping in my porch recliner at night.  It would be cool, comfy, and I could hear most of the night sounds.

    But for some reason, I am afraid to do it.

    I have visions of raccoons jumping on me, or skunks spraying me, or bats nesting in my heart.

    All of that is possible, but highly unlikely.  

    Still, it is enough of a worry to me that I would not sleep, but keep a sleepless vigil instead.

    Such is life, eh?

    Anyway, I mowed, worked in the garden, went to several stores, packaged meat for the freezer, (I bought 2 pounds of ground chuck to make into patties), played with Beth, and made supper.

    Sure, I still have sheets in the dryer.  And it was a little after 9 when I finished the dishes.

    I guess that nap helped.`

Peace and Love

        Especially Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment